Please follow a few simple tips to keep your pets safe and comfortable in winter.
- When the weather is severe, bring your pets inside and make sure they have a warm place to sleep at night.
- Don’t leave your pets unattended in a cold car.
- Watch out for cold weather chemicals that can be problematic for pets, such as antifreeze and ice melters.
- Remember to thoroughly dry pets after bathing them and consider lessening the frequency of your pets’ grooming appointments; their longer fur will help them stay warmer.
- Be mindful of your holiday décor and potential hazards including wrapped presents under the tree.
- Whether your four legged companion was naughty or nice this year, you’re still likely to purchase him a few gifts. Remember to make sure they are safe and healthy.